A hydrated workplace is essential to boost workplace morale and improve performance long-term. The benefits of an enhanced hydration experience are clear, but with so many options available, it’s hard to determine what water cooler dispenser will be the best for your business.
Let’s take a closer look into office water dispensers — so you can make the right decision for your workplace moving forward.
Considering an Office Water Dispenser
If you’ve been considering a water cooler for your business, you’re not alone. Providing high-quality drinking water to your employees and customers is more than a way to improve cognitive function, but also a chance for your employees to take a much-needed break and build workplace relationships with friendly “water cooler chats.”
Procuring a water cooler for your business traditionally meant regular water delivery. However, water dispensers have evolved over the years and now there’s an abundance of advanced solutions to consider. As water coolers continue to improve and simplify the process, it might be a good time to consider the switch.
Water Delivery vs Installation
Traditional water delivery
Having water delivered directly to your business has been a sufficient way to obtain drinking water, however, these bottled water dispensers have remained largely the same over the years. Because of a lack of advancements within this system, you’re likely to see a variety of issues which include:
- A limited water supply: Water delivery typically involves 3-gallon or 5-gallon jugs being delivered to your office on a regular basis. While the number of deliveries needed to satisfy your office water needs varies depending on the size of your company and your business, it’s important to remember your water supply is limited.
- Unnecessary hassle: A water jug typically weighs about 42 pounds which means traditional water delivery necessitates a lot of heavy lifting. This is not only time-consuming but an unnecessary inconvenience to your business.
- Lower-quality water: Bottled water is generally considered to be clean water, but this isn’t necessarily the case. Diffen reports that this water is less regulated than tap water while being significantly more expensive. In fact, recent studies have even found levels of toxic PFAS chemicals in a number of popular bottled water brands. This low-quality water can be a detriment to the health of your employees, as well as your bottom line.
- Negative environmental impact: A traditional water dispenser leads to high amounts of plastic waste and CO2 emissions from your company. These adverse effects are not only harmful to the environment, but to your talent retention — as workers are progressively seeking companies who focus on their Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
Water installation systems
Water filtration and installation systems are more advanced solutions for providing your office with drinking water. The evolution of bottleless water coolers means your business can leverage a number of advantages, including:
- An endless drinking water supply: With a water installation system, your machine is connected directly to your building’s existing water line. This means you have access to an endless supply of great-tasting drinking water.
- Ease of use: An experienced technician will install your water filtration system and ensure your machine is functioning properly — so your office can enjoy filtered water without frequent deliveries or heavy lifting.
- High-quality water: A water filtration system utilizes reverse osmosis to remove contaminants and sediments, ensuring you have access to purified water at all times. With machines from Quench®, minerals and electrolytes are added back into the water so you can rest assured your safe drinking water will taste great too.
- A reduced environmental footprint: A water installation system is also an efficient way to ditch plastic bottles and improve your overall environmental impact. Just one bottleless water dispenser can keep 7,000 plastic bottles out of the environment and making the switch can lead to 53% fewer CO2 emissions from delivery trucks every year.
- Diverse options: A bottleless water dispenser is an effective way to offer diverse water options, which helps promote workplace hydration even further. Not only do these systems provide fresh water, but your employees and customers can enjoy options like cold water, hot water, sparkling water, flavored water, and more.
The Cost-Saving Benefits of a Bottleless Water Cooler
A bottleless water cooler is also a powerful way to save your business money. Bottled water cooler expenses quickly add up when you consider the cost of plastic bottles, jugs, and regular delivery. While a water filtration system is an initial investment, it’s just that — an investment. Avoiding the frequent costs that are associated with a traditional water cooler dispenser is worthwhile and can save your business up to 80% on drinking water expenses.
More than saving your business money, advanced water solutions can help your business save on other valuable factors as well, including space and time. A bulky 5-gallon jug can take up a lot of space in your office, but with newer machines, you can save space and place them almost anywhere. Moreover, relying on water deliveries most likely means employees are dedicating time to their workplace drinking water. Luckily, a water filtration system does the work for you, so your employees are free to focus on what’s important — the work.
Choosing Your Office Water Dispenser With Quench
Traditional methods of obtaining drinking water from bottled water dispensers are not only a hassle but they’re also inefficient, unsustainable, and most likely not promoting proper hydration for your workforce. With Quench, you can bring your office water supply into the future and navigate the procurement process with ease.
Quench offers a broad array of bottleless water dispensers to deliver pure and delicious water to your employees and consumers, and with reliable service, they’re a vendor you can consistently depend on. If your business is ready to offer high-quality drinking water to your workforce, and reap the excess benefits of advanced water solutions, try our product finder to get matched with the dispenser that’s the right fit for your business. Get a free quote and get started on your journey to a happy, healthy, and hydrated workforce.