Buyer’s Guide: Choosing the Right Touchless Water Dispenser for Your Office
Quench’s product lineup includes a plethora of touchless water dispensers for your workforce and customers. Some of our touchless products are sensor- activated, some require foot pedals, and some can even be activated with a smart phone. Although the variety of touchless features gives you lots of flexibility to make more personalized pours, the variety of units available can be overwhelming to those who aren’t well versed in water cooler lingo. What’s the advantage of choosing paddles over pedals? When is it right to choose SensorSafe over a Position Sensitive Detector? What do any of those words even mean?! Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. Review our buyer’s guide below to find the right touchless water dispenser for your workplace.
You can choose between five main types of touchless water dispensers for your office or workplace. Those technologies include…
- Position Sensitive Detector (PSD): These machines are sensor activated. To dispense, simply hover a hand over the sensor panel on your machine.
- SensorSafe: This type of technology uses infrared sensor dispensing and is available as an add-on to certain machines. Simply hover a glass, hand, or bottle in front of the infrared sensor panel to dispense water.
- Dual-Action Foot Pedals: With dual-action foot pedals, users press down on pedals on the floor to dispense cold water, hot water, or ice.
- QR Codes and Phone Apps: Touchless water dispensers with QR codes allow users to scan a QR code on the interface screen of your water machine and control the dispensing right from their smartphone.
- Paddles: Users press the side of their drinkware to a paddle on their water machines to release a steady flow of filtered water.
Each technology listed above can satisfy different business needs and all can help prevent the spread of germs in your workplace. Visit Quench’s Office Cleaning Guide to Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 to discover more ways to prevent the spread of germs in your office. Learn more about Quench’s touchless water dispensers here.
Choosing the Best Touchless Water Dispenser for Your Office or Workplace
|Touchless Technology||Ideal Industries||Main Advantages||Daily Number of Users|
|Position Sensitive Detector (PSD):|
– Available in Quench Q8 (Freestanding or Countertop)
Salons & Spas
– Hot & cold quenchWATER+
– Users can either touch the machine or hover their hands over it to activate dispensing. No need to worry about leakage or false activation from shadows or passersby.
– Self-cleaning water dispenser that comes equipped with features like LED UV-C technology and antimicrobial surface protection.
– Appropriate for businesses with employees who wear gloves or PPE (i.e., Manufacturing & Healthcare).
(Standard Capacity Ice Machines)
-Available in Quench 970 Series hands-free lid (Freestanding or Countertop)
Small Offices Salons & Spas
– Cold water & ice
– Reduced installation costs.
– Can be installed virtually anywhere in your building.
– Great for customers who already rent the Quench 970. A hands-free lid can be added to an existing Quench 970 as an easy upgrade.
– Appropriate for businesses with employees who wear gloves and PPE (i.e., Manufacturing & Healthcare).
(Commercial Capacity Ice Machine)
-Available in Quench 980 Series
(Freestanding or Countertop)
– Cold water & ice
– Offers filtered water and 425 lbs. of chewable nugget ice in one day.
– For businesses serving large volumes of people (i.e., college campuses, large fitness centers, distribution centers).
– Appropriate for businesses with employees who wear gloves and PPE (i.e., Manufacturing & Healthcare)
– Available in Quench 960 & Quench 950
Salons & Spas
– Ambient water, hot water & ice
– State-of-the-art Quench filtration
– For customers who rent Quench 950 and/or 960 machines and are looking for an easy touchless upgrade.
|QR Codes |
– Available in Bevi (Freestanding or Countertop)
& Smartwell machines
Salons & Spas
– Flavored water, sparkling water & plain water
– New and existing Bevi and Smartwell machines offer easy QR code-enabled touchless dispensing using your smartphone phone.
– Choose and mix from four flavors at a time. – Intuitive interface for beverage customization
– For businesses that rent Bevi or Smartwell machines.
– Available in the Quench Q5 (Freestanding or Countertop)
Gyms Retail Salons & Spas
– Hot & cold quenchwater+ on tap
– Cost-effective way to reduce the spread of germs.
-Self-cleaning water dispenser that comes equipped with features like LED UV-C technology and antimicrobial surface protection.
Customer Perk: – Great for businesses with employees who wear gloves or PPE (i.e., Manufacturing & Healthcare).
|Paddles (Commercial Capacity) |
– Available in the Quench 810
– Hot & cold water
– Reverse osmosis or carbon filtration available
– Can serve businesses and institutions with high-traffic environments.
As you might have noticed, many of the touchless water dispensers listed above come with advanced filtration technologies. Advanced filtration technologies, built-in sanitization features, and touchless features work interdependently to make sure the water that ends up in your employees’ drinkware is as clean as possible.
Two of the touchless machines we mentioned (the Quench Q8 and the Quench Q5) even produce a special reverse osmosis mineral water called quenchWATER+. When you drink quenchWATER+, you nourish your body with water free of impurities and full of healthy, refreshing minerals.
Upgrading from Touch to Touchless
The process of upgrading to a touchless water dispenser will vary depending on the machines you are currently renting and the touchless machines you want replacing your current units. Most Quench bottleless water coolers can be upgraded to touchless with a simple add-on like a hands-free lid or a dual-action foot pedal. If you rent a Q7 a simple faceplate can be added to the machine to make it a touchless Q8. Contact your local water expert or fill out a get a free quote form to find the perfect touchless water dispenser for your workplace.