Providing your office with high-quality drinking water is essential to keep your workplace hydrated, but if you currently have a bottled water dispenser, it might not be doing enough for your employees. Many assume that traditional water jugs are cleaner and safer than other options, but bottled water is procured from the same places tap water is sourced from. According to Clean Water Action, this water supply can be contaminated with microplastics and toxic chemicals from their packaging. Moreover, recycled plastic bottles can seem like a good idea at first glance, but a report from The Guardian found they leach more chemicals into your drinks as well.
Considering a Bottleless Water Dispenser for Your Business
Bottleless water coolers are quickly becoming the more effective option for ensuring your workplace has access to clean drinking water. Not only do these dispensers filter your water, but they also offer a variety of options to consider including:
- Electrolyte-infused water
- Mineral-enhanced water
- Hot water
- Cold water
- Ambient water
This filtered water is much more beneficial to employee health, which can quickly set you apart from competitors by demonstrating how much you care about your workers’ well-being. As a result of a healthier workplace, you’re likely to see more productive and engaged employees, as well as reduced absenteeism in the long run. These advanced filtration systems are ultimately a valuable way to upgrade your water quality and benefit from an abundance of health benefits as a result.
How a Water Filtration System Works
It’s essential not to underestimate the importance of filtered water. According to Great Lakes Now, drinking water systems across the country are failing to meet state and federal safety standards. This is because the limits set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) are too high, the contaminants it contains are unregulated or the source is too small to fit under EPA regulations. The culmination of these issues means a huge percentage of Americans are drinking unsafe water without their knowledge.
Procuring a bottleless water cooler with advanced water filtration is a highly effective way to guarantee your employees have access to clean, delicious water. If filtered water from a bottleless water cooler sounds like a fitting option for your workplace, you might be wondering how it works.
With advanced solutions from water service providers like Quench®, you can rest assured that your water quality is as good as it gets. Quench offers a highly-filtered and delicious brand of water called quenchWATER+, which takes your drinking water to the next level through a proprietary 5-filter setup. That 5-filter setup includes:
- A sediment filter
- A pre-carbon filter
- Reverse osmosis filtration
- A mineral + filter
- A polishing filter
Reverse osmosis, along with our other filters, removes sediments and contaminants from your water supply, while minerals and electrolytes are added back to guarantee you have access to clean, delicious water year-round.
The Health Benefits You Can Expect To See
With a reverse osmosis system and a combination of advanced filters in place to remove contaminants from your water supply, you can provide your workplace with the cleanest water around. This is extremely important to promote your customers’ and employees’ health long term. Bottleless water coolers offer many health benefits to your workforce. Those benefits include:
- Improved hydration: The main benefit of an improved water supply is the opportunity to promote hydration. This has far-reaching effects on your employees, which includes boosting engagement and productivity long term.
- Regulating your employees’ moods: Dehydration is a detriment to the balance of dopamine and serotonin levels in your brain, which can increase feelings of depression and anxiety in your workforce. One of the easiest and most effective ways to boost your workers’ moods is by supporting hydration and supplying great-tasting water.
- Supported kidney function: Your kidneys regulate the fluid in your body and dehydration can lead to kidney stones and other issues. By driving hydration throughout your workplace, you can help your employees take care of one of their most vital organs.
- Improved digestion: Dehydration leads to digestive problems and an overly acidic stomach while increasing your risk of heartburn and stomach ulcers. When employees drink more water they can effectively mitigate these issues.
- Sharper focus and increased brain function: Studies have found you only need to be 1% dehydrated to experience a 5% decrease in cognitive function, according to The Brain and Spine Institute of North Houston. If this lack of water intake is prolonged, brain cells can quickly shrink in size and mass. Improving hydration is a valuable way to increase mental focus throughout the day — so your employees can stay at peak performance.
- Improved energy levels: Without water, your workforce can experience extreme fatigue, which ultimately affects their productivity and your business operations. Maintaining proper hydration is the best way to guarantee they stay alert and energized.
According to Medical News Today, adults are 60% water and our blood is 90% water, so it’s evident why proper hydration has a significant effect on your talent and customers. The health benefits of bottleless water coolers alone are enough to make you rethink your current water supply. If bottled water coolers or plastic water bottles aren’t doing enough to hydrate your workplace, it’s a great time to consider the switch to something more convenient and beneficial.
Finding the Right Bottleless Water Cooler With Quench
If your business is ready to ditch the bottled water dispenser, Quench offers water-as-a-service solutions by providing filtered water through a wide range of bottleless water coolers. With these advanced options for filtered water, you can ensure workplace hydration and employee health is at the forefront of your business.
You can explore our suite of bottleless coolers to discover the machine that’s the perfect fit for your workplace. Keep in mind, the type of water cooler and filtration system you need can vary, as local water quality changes depending on your location. With Quench Water Experts located across the country, you can talk to one of our professionals near you to determine what solution is best for you. Or, try our product finder to get started on your journey to the highest-quality water around.