Ice machines are an increasingly popular perk to provide for your workplace, so if you’ve been considering one for your business, you’re in good company. But, choosing the right machine can make a big difference. We’re taking a closer look at commercial ice makers and what features you should avoid to determine the best option for you moving forward.
Why Consider a Commercial Ice Machine?
At first glance, an ice machine may seem like a simple addition to your workplace or business, but this isn’t the case. Ice dispensers are extremely beneficial to keeping your employees and customers happy and hydrated. According to the National Center for Biotechnology, 75% of adults are chronically dehydrated — which is a detriment to productivity, morale and your bottom line. Utilizing a high-quality ice maker might be just what your business needs to improve hydration, boost morale and enjoy a number of benefits that are hard to ignore.
However, while an ice dispenser can have a positive effect on your employees and your business overall, it’s critical that you don’t pick your machine at random. Considering what aspects of an ice machine are most significant to keep in mind might be the most beneficial way to find your perfect match.
What To Avoid When Choosing Your Ice Maker
Once you’ve decided an ice machine is the right move for your business, it’s important to make sure you choose an ice dispenser that makes sense for you. There are a considerable amount of options to explore, but to make your decision a bit easier it’s best to recognize what to stay away from when choosing your dispenser.
Here are the most important features to avoid when finding the ice maker that’s right for your business:
- A machine with the wrong ice production and ice storage capacity: The amount of ice you need depends on your business and varies from one industry to another. It’s one thing to guarantee you can produce enough ice throughout the day, but employing a machine that has the proper storage capacity is equally important. This means it’s necessary to assess how much ice you expect to use and store daily before making a decision. Once you have an understanding of the type of ice production you anticipate, you’re already one step closer to finding the best-suited machine.
- A dispenser that requires constant maintenance: All ice machines require maintenance on your end to ensure they work to their highest potential and remain sanitary along the way. However, certain ice dispensers require more work than others, which can be arduous and time-consuming. Quench® offers advanced solutions that can make this much simpler. Not only can you expect all-inclusive service, but you can also enjoy built-in UV sanitation to keep your ice machine in the best condition possible.
- Choosing the wrong type of ice dispenser: There are a number of different types of ice machines to consider — including undercounter ice makers, freestanding ice dispensers, countertop ice machines and more. Along with finding the right option, you might also take into account whether a touchless ice dispenser would be of value to your employees and customers. Consider how much room you have available, the ice storage capacity you need, and whether your employees can benefit from touchless options to streamline your decision.
- An ice maker that doesn’t produce your desired ice type: You should also keep in mind the type of ice you’re trying to produce. These typically include flake ice, cube ice, nugget ice, crescent ice, or tulip ice, and the options don’t end there. However, some ice is more fitting for certain businesses or industries, and an understanding of what ice type would be beneficial so you can help you find the right dispenser.
The most helpful way to determine what commercial ice machine is best suited for your workplace is to consider the nature of your business and the number of daily users you expect. Once you’ve determined this, you can find the most suitable option and enjoy a host of benefits as a result. You can also try out this Product Finder to get matched with an ice machine that meets your business needs.
The Benefits of a Commercial Ice Machine for Your Business
Not only can a commercial ice maker provide your business with a broad range of benefits, but these advantages are far superior when you employ the ice machine that’s the right fit for your business. Using the proper dispenser can lead to benefits like:
- Improved sanitation: According to a report from the Cleaning Coalition of America, 89.9% of employees find workplace cleaning protocols somewhat or very important, especially as a result of the pandemic. Commercial ice makers that employ enhanced sanitation methods are a surefire way to guarantee cleaner machines while keeping your workforce happy and comfortable.
- Enhanced hydration: An ice dispenser is also an effective way to drive hydration in your workplace. These machines add a little something extra to your business’ water, and your employees and customers are much more likely to drink water throughout the day as a result. Studies suggest hydrated employees are more productive, have better retention, and have stronger recall than those who are dehydrated.
- Increased customer satisfaction: While employing an ice maker is seemingly simple, it’s helpful to increase your customer satisfaction which is a boon to your business. Having access to a high-quality amenity can make a big difference in how your customers interact with your company and can even increase loyalty in the long run.
- Higher employee retention: You’re not only likely to see happier customers, but happier employees, too. Employees who stay hydrated are 41% more likely to agree that they are very happy, StudyFinds reports. This is a highly effective way to keep your top-tier talent around long-term.
Find a Machine That’s the Right Fit With Quench
With so many options for commercial ice dispensers available, it can feel overwhelming trying to find the machine that’s the right fit for your business. Luckily, Quench can make it simple. Quench offers a broad array of commercial ice machines to explore, and if you give a Quench Water Expert a call at 6109302334, they’ll set you up with a machine that makes sense for your workplace
No matter what ice maker you’re matched with, you can rest assured that your machine will be of the highest quality, and with advanced options, national reach, and a high level of service, Quench is a vendor you can consistently depend on. Explore all of your options for Quench ice machines and get a free quote once you’re ready to get started.