Finding ways to drive hydration in your workplace can be difficult, but it’s a necessity to keep your customers and guests happy while ensuring your employees maintain peak performance. However, offering regular water might not be enough to promote proper water intake throughout the day. That’s why organizations are quickly considering carbonated beverage options — to support hydration levels and help employees ditch the midday soda.
Read on to learn more about your options for carbonated water and why you might start offering these drinks in your workplace.
Considering Carbonated Water Options
If your organization has been considering offering carbonated water at work, you’re not alone. In fact, the global sparkling water market size is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12.6% until 2028, per a report from Grand View Research. Choosing carbonated beverages for your workplace not only puts you in good company, but also gives you plenty of options to choose from. When upgrading your plain water supply for something a bit more exciting, you might consider:
- Sparkling water
- Seltzer water
- Club soda
- Tonic water
- Mineral water
But, what’s the difference between these options?
When it comes to choosing the fizzy water that your employees, guests, and consumers will love, you might be wondering what exactly makes these options different. These choices are unique in their own ways, however, the differences are generally inconsequential. Some note the variation based on where the carbonation comes from — whether it’s naturally occurring or added in — but this isn’t always the best way to differentiate them. A few unique characteristics to bear in mind include:
- Seltzer water: This drinking water option is carbonated with carbon dioxide — meaning the carbonation is added later. You can enjoy it plain or consider flavored seltzer water in a variety of natural flavors.
- Sparkling water: Sparkling water is unique from seltzer water in that the carbonation can be naturally occurring or from pressurized carbon dioxide. This bubbly beverage is also available plain or in delicious flavors.
- Tonic water: Tonic water is typically considered the most unique out of the options, as it’s more like soda than water. Keep in mind tonic water is the only carbonated drink of the group that contains calories and is generally sweetened with sugar and quinine.
- Club soda: This fizzy water option also involves added carbonation. Club soda in particular has a slightly saltier taste from ingredients such as potassium bicarbonate or potassium sulfate.
- Mineral water: Mineral water is distinct because it can be both sparkling and non-sparkling. This drinking water is usually sourced from springs or wells that contain natural minerals including salts and sulfur compounds — which give the water its natural flavor.
How Beverage Options Impact Your Workplace Culture
Not only is the market for sparkling water growing, but it’s also an increasing interest for workers. In fact, millennials, specifically, are extremely interested in carbonated water options at work, per statistics from Social. This is typically associated with the growing trend of leading a healthier lifestyle among all age groups. As people around the world gradually shift to healthier, more innovative drinks, sparkling water will continue to be a top contender.
A key benefit of carbonated water is that it’s typically healthier than other drink options, especially when compared to soda. Soda is associated with several health impacts including tooth decay, diabetes, an increased risk of heart disease, and more, according to a report from Healthline. A sparkling water machine can help your employees avoid the afternoon soft drink, with high amounts of added sugar, for a carbonated beverage that’s significantly healthier and tastes just as good.
Delicious fizzy water can even provide your organization with a host of benefits along the way. These advantages include:
- Increased hydration: One of the most essential benefits of bubbly water is the opportunity to improve hydration throughout your workplace. A step up from plain water, carbonated options can quickly bring your workplace hydration to the next level — which results in excess advantages as well.
- Weight management: Carbonated beverages are generally associated with weight loss because they drive hydration while simultaneously keeping people away from drinks with added sugar or artificial sweeteners. As water intake increases, weight loss can follow.
- Improved digestion: Sparkling water has also been found to relieve indigestion and constipation, per a report from Healthline. This is an effective way to help your employees feel their best.
- Greater productivity: As a result of greater water intake at work, your organization is likely to see higher levels of productivity in your workforce. Employees that hydrate properly are generally more productive and engaged throughout the workday.
- Higher satisfaction: Hydrated employees and customers are happy employees and customers. Proper hydration, and the benefits it provides, can significantly boost morale at your place of work.
Finding The Carbonated Beverage Option That’s Right for Your Business
Considering the growing interest in carbonated beverage options and the benefits they can provide for your workplace, sparkling water might be just what your business needs. However, there are a variety of machines in different sizes with unique offerings to consider when procuring your carbonated water machine.
When it comes to finding the machine that’s right for your business or industry, there are a few questions to ask yourself that might make the decision a bit easier:
- Will your workplace prefer plain sparkling water or flavored options?
- How many daily users do you expect?
- How much space do you have available for a machine?
- Does your space lend itself better to a countertop or freestanding model?
Obtain Your Sparkling Water Machine With Quench
If your business currently offers tap water or bottled water options, it might be time for an upgrade. When you’re ready to elevate your drinking water supply with carbonated beverages your employees, guests, and consumers will love, you can find the machine that’s just right for your business with Quench®. Explore our sparkling and specialty products, which include a selection of space-saving countertop and under-counter systems.
Choosing a machine with Quench comes with all-inclusive service to ensure your system is working properly year-round. This means your sparkling water machine will be serviced every other year, and a service technician will replace your CO2 cylinder bi-annually — you can even replace the cylinder yourself! While most machines require you to secure your own CO2, you can schedule a technician to switch out the tanks to guarantee the regulator is working. Click here to learn more about CO2 changes and sparkling water dispenser installations.
With our carbonated water dispensers, your organization has access to a variety of sizes and offerings — including flavored options with our Bevi 2.0 or Bevi Countertop machines. If you’re ready to bring great taste and delicious flavor to your drinking water supply, try our product finder to determine the machine that’s the right fit for your business or get a free quote to get started.