The Quench Weird Water News recaps the week’s top 5 weirdest water news stories. Come back each week for the latest stories!
- Don’t forget the milk and bread! Tensions were high when two women tried to buy a case of water to prepare for Hurricane Matthew – they ended up fighting over the last case of water!
- The most high-tech water bottle ever! The Ecomo water bottle, which launched on Kickstarter this week – can test for contaminants like bacteria, fertilizers, and heavy metals as well as filter them!
- Can you “Race into Winter” if there is no snow? A drought in New Hampshire forced organizers for the “Race into Winter” snowmobile and watercross competition to truck in 20,000 gallons of water to fill the three man-made ponds for the competition.
- Just a leisurely swim… Sarah Thomas of Colorado completed an 82-mile swim across Lake Powell that took her 56 hours, qualifying for a record for an unassisted marathon swim.
- Protecting Colombia’s tiniest residents – Colombia’s Navy helps escort thousands of baby sea turtles on their trek from their mother’s nest to the ocean.