The Quench Weird Water News recaps the previous week’s top 5 weirdest water-related news stories. Come back each Friday for the latest stories!
- Never leave the house without drinking water! Kickstarter has a new purse, The Conway, which is both a purse and a reusable water bottle!
- Call The Police – there is a message in a bottle! A New Hampshire man threw a message in a bottle into the ocean for his wife and 50 years later the bottle has been found in the Caribbean!
- Snow, rain, heat, or gloom of night is fine, but rocks… the mail may be delayed – The U.S. Mail Boat Sophie C is the oldest floating U.S. post office ran aground in Lake Winnipesaukee in New Hampshire!
- Cave a Wave! Chris Matthews and Justin Sonnet, graduates of University of North Carolina at Charlotte, created a floating SAROS device (Swell Actuated Reverse Osmosis System) uses the energy from ocean waves to desalinate ocean water!
- This is no fisherman’s tale – Michael Mitchell caught a record-breaking 34 lb. 12 oz. rainbow trout while fishing a Loch Earn in Scotland!