The Quench Weird Water News recaps the week’s top 5 weirdest water news stories. Come back each Friday for the latest stories!
- Cannonball! Daredevil who goes by 8Booth made a heart-stopping 129-foot leap from the roof of a building into Newport Harbor in California, barely missing the dock.
- There is an app for everything – Iftak Hussain has developed an app that can detect bacterial diseases and contaminants in lakes and other surface bodies of water.
- Pass the butter! Bermuda fishermen, Matthew Jones and Tristan Loescher, caught a 14 lb. lobster “Sea Monster” in the days after Hurricane Nicole.
- The man needed his coffee – “Starbucks Uncle” wasn’t going to let heavy rains and local flooding interrupt his daily routine and read his newspaper and drank his coffee in a flooded Starbucks.
- Call Guinness World Record! Liu He completed 29 backflips while using his water-propelled jet pack on Bahe Lake in Xi’an, topping the previous record of 27 backflips.