The Quench Weird Water News recaps the week’s top 5 weirdest water-related news stories. Come back each Friday for the latest stories!
- Ahoy! A five-man diver team located the J.S. Seaverns freighter at the bottom of Lake Superior, 132 years after it sank in 1884.
- Speaking of things found underwater… A diver off the coast of British Columbia, Canada stumbled upon a Mark IV nuclear bomb from the 1950s while hunting for sea cucumbers.
- Aren’t they supposed to swim upstream? Terrence J. Allison filmed salmon as they crossed a slightly flooded street as they made their way upstream to spawn.
- Cannonballs of snow?! A huge collection of giant snowballs the size of basketballs have been found on the Artic coast of Siberia!
- Just out for a swim… Gypsy the pit bull is dog-tired; she jumped a seawall close to her home in Fort Lauderdale and then swam for 2 miles before being picked up by a tug boat.