The Quench Weird Water News recaps the week’s top 5 weirdest water-related news stories. Come back each Friday for the latest stories!
- Talk about an Ice House! After 5 days of freezing temperatures, heavy winds and moisture from Lake Ontario, an entire house in Webster, NY now resembles a block of ice!
- Crystal clear pink water? Residents of Onoway, Alberta, Canada were shocked to find bright pink water coming out of their taps this past week!
- That’s one way to achieve your 15 minutes of fame… Kirubel Yilma, a 21-year-old student from Ethopia, set a new Guiness World Record for “longest time to spray water from the mouth” by spraying water in a continuous stream for 56.36 seconds.
- A river with human rights? New Zealand’s Whanganui River – long considered scared by the Maori people – has been signed into legal status under the Whanganui Treaty settlement, creating no legal difference between damaging the river and damaging tribespeople.
- A tidal wave of snow? Amtrak passengers at a NY train station were sent running for cover when a train traveling on snow covered tracks created a tidal wave of snow.