The Quench Weird Water News recaps the week’s top 5 weirdest water-related news stories. Come back each Friday for the latest stories!
- Return of Jaws? A California kayaker had a run in with a 14-foot-long Great White Shark that reportedly attacked his boat and knocked him into the water leaving bite marks all over his kayak.
- Who invited that guy to the Memorial Day BBQ! Homeowners in Florida spotted an alligator, about 7-to-8 feet long, swimming in the pool in their backyard.
- Fin, Noggin’, Dude! A disoriented 400-pound turtle had to be helped back into the ocean by volunteers off the South Carolina coast after it appeared that the turtle was tired and missing a left flipper.
- Do you wash your hands with cold or warm water? A recent study may have shed new light on a common theory that washing your hands with warm water kills more germs than unheated water!
- ICEBERG RIGHT AHEAD! A rift in an Antarctic ice shelf will soon create an iceberg roughly the size of the state of Delaware – the largest iceberg ever recorded in history!