Happy Fourth of July! The Quench Weird Water News recaps the week’s top 5 weirdest water news stories. Come back each Friday for new stories!
- A shipwreck! Underwater explorers, Jim Kennard, Roger Pawlowski, and Roland Stevens, discovered the shipwreck of the Royal Albert, a Canadian schooner that sunk in August 1868.
- You might not want to eat this catfish… a never before seen species of fish was found in Texas – endangered, eyeless, translucent catfish, also known as the Mexican blindcat!
- A cat with a flood warning? Officials at the Florida Humane Society in Pompano Beach had one of its kittens turn on a faucet, leaving the water to run for 17 hours and causing $5,000 worth of damage!
- Speaking of funny animals – this dog doesn’t want to swim, but rather just stand in the middle of the doggie pool.
- Move over Michael Senatore – the trick shot artists from Australia’s How Ridiculous have released a video of epic water bottle flips, which include a basketball hoop and the McDonald’s Golden Arches!