The Quench Weird Water News recaps the week’s top 5 weirdest water-related news stories. Come back each Friday for the latest stories!
- Maybe there is a real-life Ariel? Seattle is home a mermaid community – a group of mostly young women who prefer to wear elaborate fish tails and swim in lakes and swimming in pools!!
- Forget your ice skates? Take a cue from a man in Alaska and use your chainsaw to propel you across a frozen lake!
- Sometimes even alligators get tired swimming… Taylor Hindery and his wife Emerald Hindery caught on tape an alligator that hopped on their tour boat in Florida!
- BBC caught the icy finger of death on video! For the first time cameramen with BBC’s Frozen Planet recorded a bizarre underwater phenomenon known as icicle of death, when sinking brine freezes and kills everything it touches.
- We’ve heard of cat and mouse but not tiger and duck. This brave duck swam around in the same pond as a Sumatran tiger while the tiger playfully followed it.