The Quench Weird Water News recaps the week’s top 5 weirdest water-related news stories. Come back each Friday for the latest stories!
- These Australians created a never-ending Slip ‘N Slide using a motorized clothesline!
- We have another event besides the Super Bowl to look forward to this weekend! Thirteen states are participating in the U.S. National Snow Sculpting Championship in Wisconsin; judging takes place Saturday morning.
- The director of Titanic, James Cameron, settles the 20 year debate on “could Jack have survived”. Cameron disputes the Mythbusters’ theory of tying the life-vests to the large, wooden door. Cameron said the idea is just crazy and there’s no way Jack could have survived doing that in the 28-degree water!
- A family in Texas discovered their home was invaded by rattlesnakes. They first found one in the toilet, then, after Big Country Snake Removal arrived, 23 more snakes were found!
- Engineers at MIT are in the process of developing gel-based robots. The robots can move and perform tasks when water is pumped in and out of them. So far, they can kick a ball underwater and grab and release swimming fish!