The Quench Weird Water News recaps the week’s top 5 weirdest water-related news stories. Come back each Friday for the latest stories!
- An Antarctic glacier lost another chunk of ice! Pine Island Glacier, located in West Antarctica has the potential to raise global sea levels by two feet!
- Talk about a Freeze Frame! Every February, since 2011, Takhini Hot Pools in Whitehorse, Yukon holds a hair freezing contest. The winner walks away with $700!
- But where does the water go? The largest lake in California, Lake Berryessa has a spillway that is mesmerizing the locals!
- Skiing is definitely different than training on rollerblades – A Venezuelan skier with hardly any slope experience tried his best at the 2017 FIS Nordic World Ski Championships. What he doesn’t have in skill, he makes up with support.
- Moo? A mysterious sea creature has washed along shore in the Philippines! The Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources believe the large creature to be a sea cow!