The Quench Weird Water News recaps the week’s top 5 weirdest water-related news stories. Come back each Friday for the latest stories!
- A student at Thousand Islands high school in New York was benched from his baseball game because he was rescuing a stranded fisherman from an ice slab and missed the team bus!
- Sometimes, multitasking isn’t the smartest idea… Take this water skier’s word for it – he tried to chug a beer while water skiing. Spoiler alert: he face planted really hard in the water!
- In Hanahan, South Carolina, an alligator has been named “Trump-a-gator” because of his orange-tinted color.
- Speaking of orange… Less than six months after the games ended, one of the pools used at the Rio Olympics has turned putrid orange!
- They may be the cutest but they don’t make good pets – German police are on the hunt for a penguin that was stolen out of the Luisenpark Zoo! The penguin may not survive without its special diet and controlled environment.