The Quench Weird Water News recaps the week’s top 5 weirdest water-related news stories. Come back each Friday for the latest stories!
- Deemed “The Godmother of Surf”, this woman has been surfing for over 50 years. At 71, she shows no signs of stopping.
- Four! Definitely should rethink playing around of golf on a frozen lake. Don’t believe us? Check out this video!
- The building blocks of a good education are… plastic water bottles?! Bottles2Build are building functional classrooms for countless children in Johannesburg reusing plastic water bottles.
- Even dinosaurs need to shovel their driveways! Making light of a major snowstorm, this man was dressed as a T-Rex while he used his snowblower!
- Hang ten! Dedicated surfers brave the freezing temperatures and falling snow in order to catch some huge waves.
To celebrate the New Year, have an extra Weird Water News story:
- Once-in-a-lifetime view! A freak storm in Central Australia turned Uluru, formerly Ayers Rock, into a series of spectacular waterfalls!