The Quench Weird Water News recaps the week’s top 5 weirdest water news stories. Come back each Friday for new stories!
- Portable hydropower? Enomad, a startup in South Korea, has developed the Estream, which will convert running water into electricity that can charge your phone or other USB devices!
- Why haven’t we thought of this sooner? A man in Market Drayton, UK was found in his homemade canal boat while a remote control tug boat pulled him down the stream.
- A belly flop contest to end all belly flop contests – Norway’s Dødsing competition invites contestants to jump from a 10-meter diving board and keep their bodies as straight and flat as they can as they fall into the water.
- No, it isn’t a child’s toy… A team of scientists and technicians scanning the ocean floor off the coast of Southern California may have found a new species – an adorable bright purple squid with wide, googly-eyes!
- Louisiana residents might not want this raft… Walter L. Mattire captured a picture of millions of fire ants banding together to create a floating raft.