The Quench Weird Water News recaps the week’s top 5 weirdest water-related news stories. Come back each Friday for the latest stories!
- I would wait awhile before heading back into the ocean if I was this kid! A teenager who went for a swim at a Melbourne beach emerged with his feet covered in blood and marine experts are stumped!
- Totally on-board for this makeover! The town of Hamburg, New York has launched a campaign to rejuvenate an old water tower by painting it like a hamburger!
- Find your beach! Recent studies show that people who live near the coasts are generally healthier and happier!
- Seattle is in a bit of a dry spell! A historically rainy city, Seattle has had 52 consecutive dry days which is the longest streak in more than six decades.
- Talk about irony! A piece of art designed to generate conversation about climate change and rising sea levels has sunk in a Philadelphia river.