The Quench Weird Water News recaps the week’s top 5 weirdest water-related news stories. Come back each Friday for the latest stories!
- Cute flats and helping the environment – where do we sign up?! San Francisco residents Roth Martin and Stephen Hawthornthwaite have launched a show company, Rothy which sells stylish flats made from recycled water bottles!
- Call Nev and Max because this is crazy! A catfish falls from the sky and lands in this family’s pool!
- Crikey it’s a croc! Or is it? A TV crew in Australia had a moment of panic when they discovered a crocodile lurking around the flooded town while they were filming, but it was just a partially submerged lawn ornament!
- Sounds like an episode of Cops – Tabitha Mobbs was trying to take advantage of the doubled bottle redemption rewards of Oregon stole $40 worth of single-use water bottles to empty them and redeem the plastic for 10 cents for each bottle!
- A simple “sieve” to help millions! A group of UK scientists have created a membrane sieve that is capable of removing salt from saltwater by using a wafer-thin sheet of carbon atoms.