The Quench Weird Water News recaps the week’s top 5 weirdest water news stories. Come back each Friday for new stories!
- From oil to plastic to diesel fuel? Scientists from the University of California, Irvine and the Shanghai Institute of Organic Chemistry has developed a technique that breaks down plastic to a molecular level to turn it into a fuel similar to diesel!
- Water slides are dangerous! David Salmon was gliding down a water slide at a private residence in Texas when he took a turn too quickly and launched himself 10 – 15 in the air and off the slide!
- Extreme ice bucket challenge! An amusement part in Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province of China had a pepper eating competition where contestants sat in ice buckets!
- He was just splashing in a puddle? A baby kangaroo encountered deep water for the first time and promptly hopped around in the flood waters!
- Maybe she was showing her appreciation? Flutist Viviana Guzman was playing her flute while paddleboarding in CA’s Half Moon Bay and a humpback whale breached the water almost to say “thank you for the music!”