Drinking more water will help you maintain a variety of New Year’s resolutions, including losing weight, getting organized, staying fit and healthy, and even falling in love! So why not make “Drink More Water” your New Year’s resolution this year? Here are 5 easy ways to make sure you keep your resolution:
- Switch to reusable! If water is more readily available, like in a reusable water bottle, you are more apt to choose water over sugary drinks. Also it acts as a visual reminder to drink water!
- Add flavor or bubbles! Does water taste boring? Add a slice of lemon or cucumber to spice up your water. Feeling adventurous? Try adding lemongrass or other herbs for a tasty flavor. Still need something more? Try sparkling water! Or add some flavor to sparkling to create a healthy soda drink without the sugar!
- Track your intake! Try one of the many apps – WaterLogged is our favorite – to track your daily water intake. The app will send you reminders to drink water throughout the day! Make sure you aim to get the recommended daily amount – 3 liters for men and 2.2 liters for women.
- Make it part of your morning! Before reaching for your morning coffee, drink a glass of cold water. You might actually end up drinking less coffee and feeling more awake in the morning! Added benefit? It will help jumpstart your metabolism and help you lose weight.
- Eat it! Just because most fruit is out of season, doesn’t mean you can’t eat your water! Make some soup or other brothy meals to increase your water intake and stay warm. Or sip on some warm cider or hot tea to stay warm.
Say hello to 2015 with a tall glass of filtered water!