Hydration in your workforce should be a priority, and if your employees tend to opt for an afternoon soft drink, it’s likely not doing enough for their energy, hydration, or long-term health. A sparkling water dispenser might be exactly what your workplace needs to dump their sugar habit for a fizzy drink that’s healthier than soda and more exciting than regular water.
Read on to learn more about the negative impacts of soda on your workforce and how a different carbonated beverage can save the day.
A Better Alternative to Soda
It’s easy for your employees to reach for a soda as a midday pick-me-up at work, but these drinks are packed with sugar and likely aren’t doing your workforce any favors. While these sugary drinks can feel like a sweet treat in the moment, they’re only a temporary solution for feeling tired at work. The simple carbs in soda are immediately absorbed into your bloodstream, giving you a “sugar rush,” but your blood sugar will quickly plummet after this — leaving you feeling sluggish and tired, according to an article from Livestrong.
Moreover, all of the added sugar in a soft drink can be extremely harmful to your teeth. Massachusetts Dental Society reports that both regular and diet soda can break down tooth enamel, which eventually leads to decay and cavities. This can result despite regular brushing and flossing.
Your employees need a long-lasting solution to feeling dehydrated and tired at work, without the negative health consequences. A sparkling water machine is an increasingly popular choice for businesses as a more hydrating and healthier alternative to sugary drinks at work.
Considering a Sparkling Water Machine for Your Workplace
If your workers are prone to an afternoon vending machine drink or if you’ve been offering your employees and customers tap water, it might be time for an upgrade. With vendors like Quench®, you can explore a wide variety of specialty products and carbonated water dispensers. With state-of-the-art filtration technologies, you can provide your workplace with an endless supply of clean, great-tasting sparkling water — without the trouble of bottle delivery.
With Quench partners like Bevi, you have access to more than just plain sparkling water options, but carbonated water machines with flavor as well. Browse through a selection of space-saving countertop and undercounter systems to take the plain water in your office to the next level.
The Advantages of Sparkling Water for Your Workforce — And Your Business
Popular carbonated beverage alternatives to soda include options like tonic water, club soda, seltzer water, and sparkling mineral water to add a hint of excitement to any workplace drink. Switching to carbonated water options can help your business enjoy a considerable number of benefits as a result.
The main advantages you can expect to see include:
- Increasing workplace hydration: Fizzy water options are an effective way to get your workplace to drink more water. According to an article from the New York Times, nutritionists agree that carbonated water, which includes seltzer water and sparkling mineral water, is just as hydrating as regular water. As your employees and customers enjoy the variation of their sparkling water options, you can rest assured that your overall workplace hydration will increase as a result.
- Improving your workforce and customers’ physical health: Helping your employees ditch the sugary drinks at work is also a boon to their physical health. Dehydration can lead to negative physical consequences, including overheating, constipation and kidney stones. Increasing your workplace water intake is the best way to avoid these issues and ensure their physical health is supported.
- Increasing employee mental health: Not only does hydration impact your workplace physically but mentally as well. Plain sparkling water options are a great way to help your employees avoid fatigue, maintain focus and regulate their mood throughout the day.
- Boosting your overall retention: Providing your business with healthier carbonated drinks can also increase your employee retention. This workplace amenity is associated with improved hydration and, subsequently, happier, more engaged employees. Access to plain carbonated water might be exactly what your talent needs to stick around longer — which is highly beneficial to your growth, success and operational efficiency.
- Strengthening your workforce’s motivation and productivity: Drinking sparkling water leads to a combination of sharper focus, a clear mind, and reduced fatigue, which helps to keep motivation, morale, and productivity high in the long term. While a new fizzy drink might appear seemingly simple, it can help your workers and your business stay at peak performance.
- Saving your employees money on sugary drinks from vending machines: Not only can carbonated water dispensers help your employees and consumers refrain from a midday soda, but they will also save money as a result. As your employees cut down on sugar and its associated costs, you are likely to see long-term loyalty from an overall happier and more hydrated workplace.
How Quench Can Help You Find the Right Sparkling Water Machine for Your Business
Quench offers a broad array of machines that can dispense sparkling and specialty products. Choose from a variety of sparkling water dispensers or consider a Bevi machine, which provides flavored sparkling water as well. These sparkling water machines are an effective option for a wide range of businesses and industries, including startups, hotels, restaurants, enterprises, schools and more.
No matter what business or industry you’re in, it might be time to upgrade your water supply. If you’re ready to provide delicious sparkling water to your employees or customers, you can talk to a qualified Quench Water Expert to find the machine that’s the right fit for you. Or, you can try our product finder to get started.